Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Genuine Protest For Peace

Torn asunder I am - social and spiritual being, both a pole apart. On my own in my room and it's late in the evening, and the nocturnal gloom outside is a lash which violently tears out bits of pale skin from the emaciated body of wisdom and seriousness; not to say how cold it is, and how windy. It's time for my £1o Parker fountain pen to become pretentious! And as I drown my sorrow in the blank sheet of paper before me, I take sanctuary in the smooth, black ink, which flows and flows over the paper; but I would more likely descend into the underworld content with a truly accomplished work for which I yearn, than resign to the frivolity of heavenly drunkeness - it's a paradox, a painful sting in fact for my already impaired ego, and yet it is a truism set in stone. Only some feet away, a few thin walls actually separate me from the sound and fury of the nearby kitchen where this exact paradox, should it become public knowledge, would be seen through a magnifying glass - exaggerated, hyperbolized and vainly laughed at.
This company of people, resigned to pseudo-hedonism, is a distinct muffle to my exhausted ears. And I, resentful, holding them in secret contempt, I simply keep on writing, though I fumble and noiselessly stammer, my pen coughing up blood rather than ink, fresh and crimson from my embittered soul. Am I on the same wavelength as them tonight? Alas, not quite, for I can be, and yet I refrain - a totally different wavelength I am writing of...
And so as they laugh and drink, blatantly and unashamedly justifying their student status, immersed in an intense discourse concerning their two chief worldy objectives of the night - hallucination-inducing absinthe and the fine, fresh, female 'stock' awaiting them at the averagely hellish nightclub in town. 'Averagely hellish' - a powerful though absurd phrase, not without its humour, but oh, what a perfect and exquisite dress it is for the faceless, cold, silent plastic model of the night's painful meaninglesness!
And as they are laughing and babbling away, I - alone and bitter - am trying in desperation to be inspired, even for a second or two; and yet nothing, I feel nothing at all, and writing itself is rather mechanical and unnatural, but I try with every possible means available to a person's capacity for concentration, to continue so as not to stop at a dead end.
As the others are chattering away in the neighbouring room, I sit alone, tired and moody, and I am writing a story of the impotence of their generation which is also mine.

4 Comments:

At 29 October 2008 at 23:14 , Blogger Marina said...

I'm guessing you're living in student halls...bad luck...I suggest you get out of there ASAP and move into the winter house!

 
At 30 October 2008 at 02:09 , Blogger IPCHUK said...

I would love to but I tend to think soberly and accept reality as it is, for it is never as bad as words might lead you to believe...
The winter house is in a way my mind, and it is generally surrounded by masses of snow -the repressed pains and agonies which sometimes end up artistically expressed through words. I always however keep the threshold nice and clean for the trivialities of reality and I, with a wry smile and the odd affected charm, at least try to be a good host to them, however unwelcome they may be.

 
At 4 May 2016 at 07:35 , Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20160504
tiffany jewelry
michael kors handbags
ray ban sunglasses
kevin durant shoes 7
true religion sale
celine handbags
longchamp outlet
michael kors outlet
tiffany outlet
basketball shoes
louis vuitton outlet stores
tod's shoes
supra sneakers
louis vuitton outlet
tory burch outlet
longchamp handbags
coach factory outlet
replica rolex watches
gucci outlet
jordan 4
coach outlet store online
coach outlet
tods outlet online
instyler max
coach outlet store online
timberland boots
louis vuitton outlet
kate spade
coach outlet clearance
christian louboutin shoes
jordan 3
louboutin
polo ralph lauren
coach outlet store online
jordan 11 concord
nike air max 90
jordan retro
gucci handbags
jordan 6
cheap ray ban sunglasses
as

 
At 12 July 2016 at 02:52 , Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20160712
ray ban sunglasses
christian louboutin shoes
ray ban sunglasses discount
coach outlet clearance
replica watches
cheap oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet
michael kors handbags
toms wedges
michael kors outlet
celine bags
longchamp bags
michael kors outlet clearance
cheap jerseys
jordan 11 concord
adidas originals store
michael kors handbags
ray ban sunglasses
air jordans
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
fitflops shoes
adidas uk
ray ban sunglasses outlet
louis vuitton outlet
pandora outlet
toms outlet
gucci belts
louboutin shoes
louis vuitton handbags
insanity workout
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
ralph lauren outlet
cheap jordan shoes
kate spade handbags
nike sb shoes
basketball shoes
nike air max
beats solo
as

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker