Monday, December 22, 2008

A Heavenly Analogy In The Midst Of A Hellish Reality



"Midway upon the journey of our life
I found myself within a forest dark," Dante tells us.


To echo the style of my last post, I shall 'detour' Dante's words with the generous aid of another great artist:


"Embittered by living in an age of extreme materialism and destruction of sacred values, I sought shelter in the life of a wanderer. "

From the introduction to the catalague for the individual exhibition of Boris Georgiev in Milan, 1956. (Link)

2 Comments:

At 23 December 2008 at 11:25 , Blogger Dude said...

You know, I had to resist the urge to bludgeon you for Of Caesar and Smoking (bad, awful, grotesque, ridiculous), but this... bravo.

 
At 25 December 2008 at 01:50 , Blogger IPCHUK said...

Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker